Fallen Leaf Lake Fire Department Annual Summer BBQ & Cardboard Boat Races
Benefitting the Volunteer Firefighters’ Fund
Saturday, July 1, 2023 at Stanford Sierra Camp’s Baby Beach
Drinks available from 1:00 to 5:30 pm
Food served from 3:00 to 5:30 pm
Games from 1:30 to 3:00 pm
Kids under 12: $15
Kids 12 and up: $25
Beverage Tickets: $2 per ticket
Beer and Wine: 3 tickets/cup
Water, Ice Tea, Lemonade and Soda: 1 ticket/cup or can
Barbecued Tri-tip Beef and Barbecued Chicken
Roasted Garlic Bread
Fresh Green Salad
Yummy Pasta Salad
PLUS – PLEASE BRING YOUR FAVORITE DISH, DESSERT OR SALAD!
Cardboard Boat Races for all ages (rules listed below)
Soda Pop Kayak Race
Beer Kayak Race (21 years and over)
Please… no parking at baby beach area or on Stanford Camp property and NO DOGS ALLOWED on the beach, Thank You
If you are unable to attend, donations may be sent to: Fallen Leaf Volunteer Fund, PO Box 9415, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96158
BOAT RACE RULES
The cardboard boat race has historically been the highlight of our annual BBQ, with categories for youngsters and oldsters alike. All rules apply to all categories, and the “judge’s” interpretation is final.
“May the weakest boat sink; may the strongest boat win; may we all enter and have fun. The more boats, the merrier!”
Races will begin around 1:30 pm, Saturday July 7, Stanford Sierra Camp’s Baby Beach
Cardboard boat inspection will begin at 1pm. The races will be governed by the FLL version of the Marquis of Queensbury Rules. Good sports and gentle persons are encouraged to participate.
- Only untreated corrugated cardboard can be used. No painted or otherwise adulterated material will be accepted.
- Only paper masking tape may be used to help secure the material. The use of string, wire, staples, or other foreign fastening devices will cause your vessel to be disqualified.
- Only water soluble glue may be used (e.g. Elmer’s)
- Completed boats can have no more than 20% coverage by paint, glue or tape.
- At least 2 (two) persons must crew the boat. No less!
- Persons must be contained within the boat. No surfboard style boats allowed
- Hands to be the only sources of propulsion for the boat. No paddles, fins etc. allowed
Each entry is encouraged to fly an original flag